Friends of the Library
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Who are the Friends of the Chapin Memorial Library?
The Friends of the Chapin Memorial Library are a non-profit 501(c)(3) volunteer organization established in January 1987. The Friends consist of concerned citizens who share the belief that a strong public library is an essential intellectual, cultural, educational, and recreational resource inthe community. The Friends actively support Chapin Memorial Library by:
- Sponsoring activites that enhance the cultural and academic life of the surrounding community
- Providing general financial support fro the library by encouraging gifts, sponsorships, fund raising activities and promoting special projects
- Creating awareness of specific needs and resources of the library.
What do the Friends do?
- Purchase special materials for the library beyond the library's annual operating budget
- Award a local high school senior the "Shirley W. Boone Scholarship" for higher education
- Support year-round programming at the library
- Sponsor community programs that feature novelists, musicians and performers
- Offer exclusive events to Friends members.
Become a Friend! Ways to get involved...
Completed forms should be saved and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .