Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
About Customer Service
Customer Service's primary function is managing library patron accounts. Customer Service Staff are the ones who check library materials in/out, collect fines, manage requests, enroll new library patrons, and answer telephone calls at the main library number. For more information about loan policies and fees, click here. The Customer Service Department is located on the ground floor of the library and is the first area patrons come into when they visit the library. When not assisting patrons take care of their accounts, Customer Service Staff also assist with creating and arranging library programs, and maintaining displays in the main lobby.
Celebrate Black History Month with some of these titles:
- "Gospel of Freedom" by Rieder, Jonathan
- "The Obamas" by Kantor, Jodi
- "And I Haven't Had a Bad Day Since" by Rangel, Charles B.
- "My Times in Black and White" by Boyd, Gerald M.
- "Harriet Tubman : Imagining a Life" by Lowry, Beverly.
- "The Birth of Black America" by Hashaw, Tim
- "From the Hood to the Hill" by Black, Barry C.
- "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" by X, Malcolm
- "Rosa Parks" by Brinkley, Douglas
- "Gullah Statesman" by Miller, Edward A.
- "Frederick Douglass" by Russell, Sharman
- "My Brother Moochie" by Bailey, Issac J.
Go Green @ the Library
Do have an e-mail account? Can you receive text messages on your phone? Help save paper and reduce waste by opting in to electronic notifications. Due dates, items on hold, and other information can sent to you electronically via e-mail or by text message. And if you still want a hard-copy that's not a problem either. Stop by the Customer Service Desk in the main lobby and speak to a staff member for more information.