Wi-Fi and Mobile Printing
The Chapin Memorial Library provides FREE wi-fi to all visitors. The signal is open and unencrypted. No password is required, however, users must agree to our Internet Policy each day their device connects to our network.
Connect to: ChapinGuestAccess
The library uses the PrinterOn service for mobile printing. Black and white documents may be paid for and retrieved from the Customer Service Desk in the library lobby. Color, and black and white documents may be obtained using the self-service kiosk in the Information Services Departmet on the second floor of the library. Costs are $0.15 for black and white and $1.00 for color, per printed page/side.
What do you need to print?
- Documents, spreadsheets, presentation slides, pdfs, or pictures from your laptop or home computer - Using a web browser, upload your file(s) to our mobile print portal and follow on-screen instructions.
- An email message (without any attachments) - Simply forward the e-mail from your smartphone or email client to one of the addresses listed below.
- Pictures, screen-captures, or email attachments from a mobile device - Download and/or save the file you need to print to your device. Install the PrinterOn Print Service app. Launch the app. If prompted, allow it to access local media storage on your device. Tap the search icon at the bottom of the app and search for "Chapin Memorial Library". Select either color or black and white printing. Follow on-screen instructions.
- Boarding passes, concert tickets, or protected documents - These types of documents often require the user to enter a password or secret code to open. Becasue there is no way to share your password or code with PrinterOn, it is suggested you first open document and then save a pdf copy to your device. Upload the saved pdf to our print portal using option 1 above.
PrinterOn App - Setup Guide
- Download and install the PrinterOn Print Service app from the Apple App Store (iOS) or the Google Play Store (Android).
- Launch the app. If prompted, grant the app permission to access local file storage (i.e. Photos, documents, etc.)
- Tap "No printer selected" on the bottom. Tap the search icon. Enter "Chapin Memorial Library".
- From the search results list, choose either Chapin Memorial Library Black and White or Chapin Memorial Library Color. Tap save.
- The app is now installed and configured. There are 2 ways to print using the app:
- Tap either the white documents or photos icon from the PrinterOn main screen. Navigate to the file on your device and select it. Click the green print button. Enter your email address and then the gray print button.
- Navigate to the file on your device. Depending on your operating system, tap either "share" or "open with". Choose PrinterOn. Click the green print button. Enter your email address and then the gray print button.