Friends of the Library
Who are the Friends of the Chapin Memorial Library?
The Friends of the Chapin Memorial Library are a non-profit 501(c)(3) volunteer organization established in January 1987. The Friends consist of concerned citizens who share the belief that a strong public library is an essential intellectual, cultural, educational, and recreational resource in the community. The Friends actively support Chapin Memorial Library by:
- Sponsoring activites that enhance the cultural and academic life of the surrounding community
- Providing general financial support fro the library by encouraging gifts, sponsorships, fund raising activities and promoting special projects
- Creating awareness of specific needs and resources of the library.
What do the Friends do?
- Purchase special materials for the library beyond the library's annual operating budget
- Award a local high school senior the "Shirley W. Boone Scholarship" for higher education
- Support year-round programming at the library
- Sponsor community programs that feature novelists, musicians and performers
- Offer exclusive events to Friends members.
Ways to get involved...
- Create exciting fundraising events
- Support library programs
- Sponsor innovative projects
- Be a library advocate
- Become a Friend volunteer
- Serve on the Friends Board
Donate to the Friends!
Friends of the Chapin Memorial Library
400 14th Ave N
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577