Friends of the Library
Who are the Friends of the Chapin Memorial Library?
The Friends of the Chapin Memorial Library are a non-profit 501(c)(3) volunteer organization established in January 1987. The Friends consist of concerned citizens who share the belief that a strong public library is an essential intellectual, cultural, educational, and recreational resource in the community. The Friends actively support Chapin Memorial Library by:
- Sponsoring activites that enhance the cultural and academic life of the surrounding community
- Providing general financial support fro the library by encouraging gifts, sponsorships, fund raising activities and promoting special projects
- Creating awareness of specific needs and resources of the library.
What do the Friends do?
- Purchase special materials for the library beyond the library's annual operating budget
- Award a local high school senior the "Shirley W. Boone Scholarship" for higher education
- Support year-round programming at the library
- Sponsor community programs that feature novelists, musicians and performers
- Offer exclusive events to Friends members.
Become a Friend! Ways to get involved...
Completed forms can be saved and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , delivered in person, or mailed to the address listed below. Membership fees can be paid online using the donate button above, paid in person, or by personal check mailed to the address below.
Friends of the Chapin Memorial Library
400 14th Ave N
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577